There’s no denying it – we talk about our Park and Rec department a lot. And in doing so, we use terms like “parks” and “nature preserves” pretty often. What we’ve found, though, is that over time people have started to use these terms interchangeably. But they are NOT the same thing! They may (sort of) be similar in the way they look, but the truth is that parks and nature preserves have their own identities and serve their own purposes. Let’s compare.Continue Reading
Month: June 2019
How many of the following statements would you say describe you?
- You love children.
- You love to give back.
- You’re actively seeking ways to help the community.
- You’re willing to open your home to someone in need.
- You have room in your heart to care for another.
If you said yes to most or all of the above, now see how many of these statements describe you.
- You are at least 21 years old.
- You have been a resident of Mecklenburg County for at least six months.
- You rent or own your home.
- You are employed or receiving retirement or disability.
If you match the above criteria, we’d like to ask you this: Have you ever considered foster parenting? Foster parents provide temporary homes for children up to 18 years old who have been abused, neglected or declared dependents until they can return home or until a permanent home is found for them.Continue Reading